Figure 9-16.-Gravel pack.
3. When working in the mast, safety belts should
be worn, and tools should be securely attached to the
belts by lines.
4. Before ascending, safety shoes should be
cleaned of all mud and footholds inspected for grease.
Wearing of safety shoes with reinforced tops will protect
toes from being crushed when working with drilling
5. Sheave guards should remain over all moving
gears and chain drives.
6. Personnel should not wear loose or flapping
Figure 9-17.-Capped well.
7. The drilling table, or platform, should be kept
free of loose tools, both to prevent accidents to
personnel and loss of tools down the drilled hole. The
platform should also be kept clean and dry as
8. Do not attempt to lube or adjust moving gears.
9. When hoisting loads, do not place yourself
between any moving part and stationary object.
10. Stay clear of suspended loads.
11. Repair or replace all parts that need repair as