Figure 9-41 .Loader backhoe.
Before operating through a soft or muddy area, you
NOTE: Engaging the differential lock when the
can actuate the differential lock as follows:
1. Before moving the loader through an area that is
soft or muddy, make sure that the loader is moving in a
straight direction and that one of the rear wheels is not
rotating faster than the other rear wheel.
2. Push down the differential lock pedal while the
loader is moving through the soft or muddy area.
3. After the loader has moved through the area,
release the differential lock pedal.
loader is turning or if one rear wheel is rotating faster
than the other wheel can cause damage to the transaxle.
When servicing the engine with the loader lift arms
raised, always use the support strut (fig. 9-43).
The procedure for attaching the support strut is as
1. Empty the loader bucket and raise the loader lift
arms to the maximum height and stop the engine.
2. Remove the rear pin from the support strut and
lower the strut onto the cylinder rod.
Figure 9-42.Transaxle controls.
Figure 9-43.-Support strut.