1. Insert the sheet in the brake and form the first
bend of the lock.
2. Rotate the sheet 180 degrees and then flip it
over. Then form the bend for the other half of the lock,
as shown in figure 12-83.
3. Adjust the rolls on the slip-roll forming
machine, and roll the cylinder to shape.
4. Hook the seam together and slip the cylinder
over a hollow mandrel stake, as shown in figure 12-84.
5. Select a hand groover of the proper size. The
groover should be about 1/16 inch wider than the seam.
Place the groover at one end of the seam and strike it
with a hammer. Repeat the operation at the other end of
6. Complete the seam by moving the hand groover
along the length of the seam and striking the head of the
groover with a hammer or a mallet.
Figure 12-81.--Hand forming a cone on a blowhorn stake.
Figure 12-83.--Forming a grooved seam.
Figure 12-84.--Completing the grooved scam with a hand
Figure 12-82.--Forming a bail on a hand stake.