Do not strike the gear teeth on the arbor press. Striking the teeth can result in damage to
Position pump body (1) on arbor press with cover side up.
Sealing compound may cause irritation to the eyes or skin. Use in well-ventilated area.
Wear protective goggles and clothing. In case sealing compound comes in contact with:
Eyes, flush immediately with water.
Skin, wash with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in personnel injury.
b. Apply a thin coat of adhesive to outside diameter of water seal (14).
Place new seal (14) in cavity of pump body (1).
d. Press the water seal (14) into place.
16. Ensure water seal (14) and the impeller's (9) ceramic mating surfaces are clean, free of metal particles and oil film.
17. Apply a small amount of sealing compound to threads of shaft (10).
18. Install the new impeller (9) onto the shaft (10).
19. Place a new washer (8) and nut (7) onto the threads of shaft (12).
20. Draw the impeller (9) down onto the shaft with the washer (8) and nut (7).
21. Using torque wrench and socket set, torque nut to 420 - 480 in. lbs (47.46 - 54.24 N-m).
22. Install new gasket (6) onto pump (1).
23. Place cover (5) on water pump (1).
24. Install five bolts (4) into water pump cover (5).
25. Tighten bolts (5).
END OF WORK PACKAGE