Figure 9-48.-Lower the stabilizers to raise and level the
Figure 9-49.Release the boom latch.
Install the rear pin in the support strut.
Slowly lower the lift arms onto the support strut.
Failure to use the support strut when ser-
vicing the engine can result in serious injury or
death if the loader arms are lowered by accident.
Backhoe operation is as follows:
1. Removed the swing lockpin (fig. 9-44).
2. Climb into the loader using handrails and steps
3. Rotate the loader bucket into the dump position
and lower it to the ground. Lower the bucket until the
front wheels are a few inches above the ground
4. Rotate the operators seat to the rear of the loader
for backhoe operation and increase the engine speed to
full throttle (fig. 9-47).
5. Lower the stabilizers and raise and level the
loader (fig. 9-48).
6. To release the boom latch, push the boom latch
control lever to the left and hold it until the boom is
released (fig. 9-49).
7. Extend the boom and bucket to start digging
operations, as shown in figure 9-50.
8. To dig with the backhoe, move the dipper stick
inward and fill the bucket (fig. 9-51, view A). Once the
bucket is filled, curl the bucket inward (fig. 9-51, view
B). Swing the boom and dump the material from the
bucket (fig. 9-51, view C). Return to the trench and
lower the bucket (fig. 9-51, view D).
Figure 9-50.Bucket and boom in position for digging operations.