Figure 14-24.-Tramming control panel.
2. Backward: Pull both tramming control levers
3. Pivot turn:
Push the right or left tramming
control lever forward, and the unit pivots as the opposite
track works as a fulcrum.
4. Right turn: Push the left tramming control lever
forward and pull the right tramming control lever
5. Left turn: Push the right tramming control lever
forward and pull the left tramming control lever
6. Speed adjustment: The speed is controlled by
adjusting the forward angles of the tramming control
7. Stop: To stop the rock drill, release the
tramming control levers. When the levers return to the
neutral position, the machine stops automatically. At the
same time, the parking brake works. After completion
of traveling, lock the levers.
NOTE: When working in tight areas, stay aware of
your surroundings, ensuring all personnel stay clear of
the rock drill when traveling and turning.
Drilling with the rock drill is performed from the
drilling control console (fig. 14-25).
The functions of the components
control console are as follows:
of the drilling
Figure 14-25.Drilling control console.
1. Fast feed control lever: This lever is used for
cleaning the hole and for changing steel. When pushed,
the drill moves forward at fast speed. When pulled, the
drill moves backward at fast speed. The lever returns
automatically to neutral when released.
2. Drill control lever:
This lever controls the
percussion of the drifter. The drill pressure becomes
higher in proportion to the position of the lever.
3. Rotation control lever: his lever controls the
forward or backward rotation and rotation speed of the
4. Slow speed control lever: This lever is used
when drilling boreholes and coupling and uncoupling
drill steel. When pushed, the drill steel moves forward
at a slow speed. When pulled, the drill steel moves
backward at a slow speed.
5. Feed pressure adjusting control valve: This
control valve adjusts the feed pressure speed during
drilling. When you pull and turn the knob to the right,
the feed force increases. When you turn the knob to the
left, the feed pressure decreases.
6. Feed pressure gauge: This gauge indicates the
amount of discharged feed air pressure.
7. Drill pressure gauge: This gauge indicates the
drill pressure during drilling.