Figure 8-8.Vertical conveyer, package, tray type.
For general maintenance and repair, always follow
the requirements of the PMS. If the conveyor has been
out of use for some time, inspect and service it before
use, even if the maintenance period has not elapsed.
Before you begin to adjust, repair, or do inspections
on a crane, the following precautions must be observed
and implemented as applicable:
1. The crane to he repaired must be positioned in a
location where it will cause the least interference with
other cranes or ships operations.
2. The boom must be placed in the stowed position
when work on the topping system is to be accomplished.
3. All controls must he placed in the OFF position.
4. The power supplies must be de-energized and
the power supply breaker (in the OFF position) must be
tagged DANGER, except as required for testing or
5. Maintenance may be performed on energized
electrical equipment only when specifically authorized
by the commanding officer.
6. After completion of adjustments or repairs, the
crane should not be restored to service until all guards
have been reinstalled; safety devices are reactivated;
maintenance equipment is removed; and all required
testing is completed.
Figure 8-9.Powered belt conveyor.