* 1. Date. Enter the calendar date the equipment
is to be used.
equipment as designated in the equipment log.
3. Registration Number or Serial Number. Enter
the equipment registration number or serial
bumper or administrative number.
5. Organization Name. Enter the organization to
which the equipment is assigned.
6. Operator. Enter the name of the equipment
7. Operators Signature. The equipment operator
(item 6) will enter signature immediately upon
receipt of equipment .
* 8. Time. Indicate time to the nearest 5 minutes
using the 24-hour clock.
a. In. Enter time equipment was returned from
dispatch or use .
b. Out. enter the time the equipment was
released for operation by the dispatcher.
c. Total. Enter total time the equipment was
in the possession of the operator. Time is
obtained by subtracting the time listed in
Out line from that listed on the In line .
* 9. Miles. Will be recorded to the nearest whole mile.
a. In. the operator will enter the mileage
reading when the equipment is returned. If
odometer is inoperative, enter estimated
b. Out. The dispatcher will enter the mileage
reading as the time of dispatch.
c. Total. Enter the difference between the
Out and In mileage .
*10. Hours. Will be recorded to the nearest whole hour. On
those items which require servicing on an hourly basis and are
not equipped with an hour meter, enter the estimated hours of
a. In. The operator will enter the hour meter reading upon
completion of the equipment usage.
b. Out. The dispatcher will enter the hour meter reading
prior to equipment release.
c. Total. Enter the total hours dispatched for operation.
11. Fuel/Oil. Enter the amount of fuel (gallons) and/or oil
(quarts) obtained for the equipment.
*12. Report To. Enter the name of the individual to whom the
operator is to report.
13. Dispatchers Signature. Self-explanatory.
14. Destination. Indicate each location at which a trip begins
and ends. Normally this starts from the equipment pool.
(From Line) and ends at the same place after one or more
*15. Time. All time will be recorded using the 24-hour clock,
rounded off to the nearest 5 minutes.
a. Arrive. Enter the arrival time at each destination.
b. Depart. Enter the departure time from the motor pool
and each succeeding location.
16. Released By. The person in charge of equipment on
dispatch will release by signing on the line indicating the
destination where the equipment was released to the operator.
Upon termination of equipment used, but not moved, the person
in charge will release the equipment by signing in the top block
of this column.
17. Remarks. The remarks column will be used by the operator
to record unusual operation or abnormal occurrences during
operation, or other information as directed.
*Items marked with an asterisk (*) have been registered in the
DOD Data Element Program.
Figure 1-7.Motor Vehicle Utilization Record, DD Form 1970 (Back)