9. Pad or protect any sharp corners or edges the
sling may come in contact with to prevent chaffing.
10. Slings are to be kept free of kinks, loops, or
11. Keep hands and fingers from between the
sling and the load.
12. Start the lift slowly to avoid shock loading
13. Keep slings well lubricated to prevent
14. Do not pull slings from under a load when the
load is resting on the slings; block the load up to
15. Do not shorten a sling by knotting or using
wire rope clips.
16. Do not inspect wire rope slings by passing
bare hands over the rope. Broken wires, if present,
may cause serious injuries. When practical, leather
palm gloves should be worn when working with wire